Me and my friend Viktor Danov were doing some coding in a coffee shop and I came up with the idea that we should try to make a sudoku solver.

We began working on it almost immediately and after 2 days we managed to implement the algorithm in go.

The next goal was making a "neat GUI to better display the algorithm's inner-workings". We decided we should try using SDL as it's cross-platform and has bindings for go.

After a couple of days of trial and error we got it to work.

Note: the time sugoku takes to solve a board with the GUI is significantly slower than without one, due to the capped framerate and blocking channels

The source code for this can be found on GitHub.